Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Year That Came and Went

Oh goodness.  I had not realized it had been 9 LONG  months since I've last posted! When you have a baby...the days just slip away from you. But I've been thinking a lot about my blog lately and am considering trying to see if there is enough life in it yet to get it breathing again.  I haven't had a lot of free time and very rarely get any actual time to myself but I miss writing and having that extra special something that is just for me.  So the husband and I are working on carving out time where we can each have quiet time for ourselves...I just hope it works...somehow Mommy always seems to be the one that gets shorted! :) 

Just to kind of give you an update of what's been going on...Lily turned 1 year old last week.  She really is such a  joy.  She's the happiest, most vibrant baby I've ever known and she is definitely the heart of our little family...even when she's grumpy and driving us nuts.  Lol.  She just started walking and within a week she went from just walking a little bit, to careening through the house at top speed.  It's amazing to watch the changes that come SO quickly.  And now that she's walking...the toys are no longer littering the play area in the living room....I am finding them ALL OVER THE HOUSE!  She has 12 teeth and has just gotten the hang of self feeding and eating table food and she loves watching Big Block Sing Song (for those of you who know what that is.)

As for me, the husband and I actually went into business for ourselves.  We purchased the Home Inspection company we had been working for when the previous owner retired at the first of the year.  We are blessed that it already had a steady stream of revenue coming in and that since we had been employees there before we bought it, we had already established great relationships within the community so the transition went seamlessly.  It's just that when you own a company...there is no time off.  I get phone calls and emails around the clock and the husband sometimes has to work through the weekends....add that to a small child and you get....no time to do anything. :)  But hopefully things will get a little easier.


I doubt that anyone reads this anymore but if you do...I just wanted to let you know I'm still alive.  I know wonder about other bloggers that I'd followed for years. I'm fortunate to be friends with some of them on Facebook but others...well we need to be Facebook friends! Look me up! Lindsey Rice Hodges ! :)





 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad all is well. :)

Non Sequitur Chica said...

She is adorable! Glad everything is going so well!

berly02 said...

Beautiful baby! Congrats on being all around awesome.

Cassanova said...

wow congraats
https://www.cekaja.com/info/buah-dan-sayur-tinggi-kalori